|Home > Buy Products > Device Severs|
SENA's device servers are designed to manage serial devices over the Network. They connect RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 type of serial devices to the industry standard 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Network or 802.11 b/g Wireless Network and transfers serial data to a remote host and vice-versa.
SENA's device servers support competitive edge features such as 802.11b/g wireless interface, flexible operation mode, TCP/UDP multicasting, telnet COM port control protocol support (RFC2217 compliant), SSL encryption, modem emulation mode over SSL, port logging and event handling, and PC Card support.
Wireless-enable your serial devices using SENA's wireless device servers. SENA offers wireless device servers in the areas of Built-in Wireless LAN (802.11 b/g), Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology and PC Card supported device servers for wireless device networking.
SENA's external-type of serial device servers are designed to network-enable serial devices on the fly. These device servers incorporate competitive edge features such as flexible operation mode, TCP/UDP multicasting, telnet COM port control protocol support (RFC2217 compliant), SSL encryption, and port event handling. These device servers are available in 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 port models.
SENA offers industrial device servers that enable remote monitoring and control of industrial devices over the network. These device servers provide standard interface for high performance industrial applications including remote data acquisition, automated machine monitoring, industrial instrumentation, discrete control, security and access control and distributed data acquisition system.
Common serial devices used with modem emulation
• Common serial devices used with modem emulation include tank gauges, gaming equipment, credit card machines, card swipe readers, traffic control equipment, vending machines, Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs), and remote controllers.
SENA's competitive edge:
• SENA's high-end product lines, PS110, PS410, PS810, SS100, STS400, STS800 and STS1600 supports Modem Emulation mode over SSL encryption. This unique feature provides secure serial modem emulation, accepting AT commands in an encrypted format to connect and communicate with Serial devices.
• Configure SENA device servers to act as a modem.
• Allows modem-based legacy devices and software to communicate over TCP/IP.
• Save money-using IP networking instead of PSTN.
• Faster, more cost-effective data transfer.
Products with Modem Emulation Feature:
• Pro Series (PS110, PS410, PS810, PS110W, and PS210W).
• Super Series (SS100).
• STS Series (STS400, STS800 and STS1600).